Since the emergence of the Covid-19 pandemic the need to adopt ESG practices has been accelerated in both private and the public sectors, this has further pushed the Green Financing industry across the globe.
The UAE has become the first country across GCC to announce it’s the commitment to fostering a net-zero carbon economy- the Net Zero by 2050 Strategic Initiative- this initiative aims to attract investments from the global capital markets as investors are now increasingly seeking ESG-compliant businesses. The UAE is not working towards building a conducive environment with business-friendly and transparent policies and regulations, especially in the Green Finance and ESG space.
The Covid-19 pandemic has also caused a need for ESG-compliant and sustainable investment opportunities within HNWI and family businesses within the region to help diversify their investment portfolios and to be able to capitalize on green investment opportunities.
All the relevant regulators are now heavily focused on developing the relevant policies and procedures to help build a favorable ecosystem to help foster green and sustainable investments. The UAE has been heavily focused on bringing together the relevant policymakers, regulators, and businesses to come together to share knowledge and help with the advancement of the markets.
After the UAE won the COP28 and was committed to the Net Zero by 2050 initiative the main aim of the UAE is to help cut down carbon emissions and to stay committed to creating an attractive and nurturing eco-system for green financing.
At this event, we will bring together policymakers, regulators, government entities, banks, and other businesses to discuss, debate, and develop strategies for increasing the role of environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations in the UAE markets.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Investment Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Chief Governance Officer
- Chief Compliance Officer
- Chief Strategy Officer
- Board Member
- Executive Director
- Head of Treasury
- Portfolio Manager
- Head of Policy/Advocacy
- Global Head of Capital Markets
- Global Head of Asset Management
- Head of ESG
- Head of Sustainability
- Head of Sustainable/Responsible Investing
- Regulatory Authorities
- Financial Institutions
- Law firms
- Oil & Gas
- Power & Utilities
- Not for profit- Regulatory Authorities
Attending this forum will help the attendees to :
- Understand the outlook of the market and developments in what an ideal and balanced sustainable finance market would look like
- Understand how businesses are working towards building credible, trust-worthy and sector-specific road to net-zero
- Understand the kind of policies being developed
- Understand the steps being taken by policymakers to incorporate sustainability principles into the regulatory framework
- Understand how banks, financial institutions and capital market experts are planning around the risk and opportunities associated with the shift
- Understand how businesses can benchmark their own efforts against the sustainable best practices in the market
- Understand to develop an efficient financial system keeping in the mind the impact on environmental, social and governance factors
- Understand how ESG reporting and disclosure can help businesses develop more sustainable models
- Understand how to incorporate ESG standards into the financial systems in a practical manner
- Understand the importance of including ESG standards across different business functions
SPONSOR WITH US
Here’s why you should partner with us:
- We are storytellers – Whether a presenter, panelist, or just an exhibitor, we know how to ensure your story reaches your targeted audience, just the way you want it to be!
- We are listeners – All our events are extensively researched to cater to the need of the hour. Rest assured, we listen to their needs and create platforms for you to cater to them
- We are connectors – We bridge gaps and bring meaningful conversations to the table to connect businesses, knowledge and opportunities together
- We have solutions – Every partnership is tailormade to meet your objectives. Whether lead generation, networking with serious buyers, elevating your brand, highlighting your presence, or all of them, we have solutions that fit your need
- We deliver value – Every platform brings value to the industry it serves and engages audiences in thought provoking, engaging, and relevant conversation